Pages

Initial Exteriors

In order to get this project moving in Blackpool I decided to do, essentially what I have been doing in Leeds but with more thought. Leeds was more about just trying to get a feel for the project, kickstart it and what not.

I have photographed these clubs on medium format 220 provia 400x... its not the nicest film but i only have a few rolls of velvia left and i dont want to waste it.

I fully realise after the many many ways i have said 'i dont want a topographical project' guess what came out! i guess that's just how i look at things. I think i need black and white. if there's too much grey it just screws with my head. so in terms of photos, if its straight on it looks right. as soon as you add angles and diaganols.. poof. nothing. just confusion about how to make it straight or at least true.. most of the time i abandon shots that i cant make look right to my eye. it's quite disapointeing but you have to learn from your mistakes.

So yes, these are clubs from around Blackpool. I'll add a corresponding map like Leeds when I've scaned it.


Stanley Road W.M.C. - Stanley Road


LMS Loco Club - Back Ribble Road


Brunswick W.M.C - Bethesda Road
(This has been scanned well odd shaped)


Blackpool Central Club - Kent Road


Blackpool Trades Club - Chadwick Street


Philharmonic Club - Foxhall Road

....

Catholic Club - Queens Street
(Not scanned)


Royal British Legion - King Street


Talbot Social Club - Milbourne Street


Commrades Club - Adelaide Street


 Hotel and Appartments Social Club - Coronation Street


Waterloo Social Club - St Annes Road


Interestingly, the other clubs listed, which happened to be clubs I photographed previously, have gone or changed.


St. Annes Road W.M.C. is now 'The Tangerine Tavern'
(Shot to be added)


Blackpool No.1 Club is in the process of what appears to be demolition, which I believe has something to do with the expansion of Bloomfield Road Stadium.

It has now moved to what was previously 'Central Bowling Club' (Below)
(Shot to be added)