Pages

Scans

I have gotten most of my infomation regarding W.M.C.'s etc initially from my Grandfather. As part of my research he has given me his old member cards. The most recent card (top), is plastic and much like any other 'cards' we all possess. Below that are membership cards that are literally bits of card, much like the collectable cards that hit a high in the 90's. Although the cards are pretty much the same, the man at the top in the middle changes, we believe this is the head of the C.I.U. Below that is a door key, which nearly all clubs (to my knowledge and experience) issue thier members, non members ring a bell to be let in. and below that is a life membership card which is more like a mini hardcover book with no pages.

Everyone I've spoken to says there are no young people getting involved in the club hardly. at least not what they used to be. This is mostly attributed to cheap alcohol in supermarkets and sky tv according to the majority of people i talk to.

I don't think these cards necessarily add anything to my project but i love old stuff like this and its in pretty tip top condition. Theres even a special leather wallet for display of membership cards. It's very organised. Last year the C.I.U. held their convention in Blackpool. Thier looking to change the rules a bit. I think this is because a lot of clubs are having to shut down or privatising in order to stay open. If the C.I.U. charged as much for membership as the independant clubs went and were more open to renting out the clubs they would do a lot better. But there are a lot of tier's to the various councils and it would appear they are very stuck in thier ways.